Among the most beloved and popular donuts dough products have a special place. Most of us are unlikely to give up the fresh, lush, sprinkle with powdered sugar or icing covered donut. Traditional Donut is a round ball of golden color. The recipe is these donuts were known in ancient Rome, but they were called “globules”. Romans fried balls of dough in fat, smeared them with honey and eaten hot.
In the Middle Ages called donut or doughnut and represented a confection is S-shaped. Americans believe that the first to come up with donuts girl employee of the Postal Service “Pony Express” to the riders, the postmen do not spend too much time on the meal. Today, donuts are so popular that most countries have their own “proprietary” recipes: in America – donuts, Switzerland – Schenkel, Germany – Berliner, and in Austria – kihlya.
At first glance it seems that the donuts are very simple to prepare. However, to get a tasty pastry and delicate, it is necessary to know a few tricks:
- Meal should be warm and thoroughly sifted
- For frying donuts should be fresh
- The prepared dough must not contact with the cold air
- 5 cups flour
- 80 g of fresh yeast
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 medium-sized eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 80 g melted butter
- 2 lemons
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of brandy
- 350 g walnuts
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Vegetable oil
How to cook
- Prepare a brew of yeast, 1 cup of flour and milk. The resulting dough should be the consistency of thick cream. Put the brew in a warm place, so she stood up.
- Egg yolks and? Cup sugar rub in lush mass add eggs, milk, lemon juice, salt, vanilla sugar. Pour the remaining flour and knead the dough, gradually adding the melted fat. To knead the dough until it bubbles appear, and it must not be very thick.
- The dough is put in 20 minutes in a warm place to come, it somewhat, then immediately begin to carve donuts.
- Roll out half the dough on a floured board to a thickness of 2-2.5 cm and it molds to outline circles.
- For the filling: lemons cut into slices, remove seeds. Put in a porcelain mortar and pot loch with remaining sugar. Skip walnuts through a meat grinder and combine with lemon-sugar mass. Mix well.
- From the second half of dough to roll out a layer of similar thickness to the other board, cut the same circles and circles of the first cover layer. The stuffing should be at the center. Give little donuts to go.
- Heat the pan in an amount of oil that donuts can float freely. When one side of donuts fry until golden brown, turn them gently with a slotted spoon to another.
- Ready donuts spread out on the board and sprinkle with a mixture of powdered sugar with vanilla sugar.
- 400 g flour
- 100 g butter
- 4 tbsp. spoons of sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 50 g of fresh yeast
- 1/2 cup milk
- Powdered sugar
- Vegetable oil
How to cook
- Yeast grind with 1 tsp. Sugar, add warm milk, 100 grams of flour and put in a warm place to approach.
- Whipped whites with sugar to connect with the finished brew, salt, softened butter. Add the remaining flour. Knead the dough until then, until it starts to lag behind the walls of the cookware. The dough should get soft and pliable.
- Writing test 20-30 minutes. Then roll it into a layer thickness of about 1 cm. Cookie cutters to cut out circles. Lubricate circles of dough with egg white.
- Heat the oil to a temperature of 180? C. Putting it at the same time no more than 5-6 donuts. Fry until golden brown.
- Ready to put the donuts with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Chilled donuts sprinkled with powdered sugar.