- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 quarts vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Start oil preheating. Use a thermometer and get it going over medium heat to heat slowly while you make the batter/dough.
- The Donut Hole Batter,this will take like five minutes max.
Make the batter/dough. The liquid parts of the dough/batter are familiar: milk, eggs, vanilla, butter. No need to fix any of that.
Stir everything together and then fold in the melted butter and you’ll be left with a very firm batter.
- Roll out dough and punch out holes. Again, probably five minutes.
- Frying the Donut Holes, 8-10 minutes.
- Donut Hole Glaze
These guys definitely need a glaze though so I just mixed up a quick one of powdered sugar, milk, and maple syrup. A quick dip is all you need.
- Let holes cool while you whisk up glaze and dunk them in!
In other words, yes you can! 30 minute donut holes!
We hope you have enjoyed our blog post about donuts and the love we have for donuts. We have a strong passion for all types of specialty foods for different type of events like our Mini Donuts that we love making for guest right in front of them and watching their faces light up when we hand them fresh made donuts.
Some of our other services are Cappuccino Service, Mini Churro Station, Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream Station, Caramel Apple Station, Chocolate Fountains and so much more it boggles the mind.
Please take a look through our website and see what we can do for you!
Scott Reade Mauritzen
Head Mini Donut Baker
The Mini Donut Factory